Wyrd Con is an Interactive Storytelling Convention with a primary focus on LARP, as well as on associated ideas such as alternate reality games (ARG) and transmedia.
Events at Wyrd Con have included both Live Combat and Theater Style LARP, as well as panels, workshops, and other special events.
Wyrd Con appears to be the LARP convention with the largest attendance in the United States.
There have been six Wyrd Cons, all held in Costa Mesa, California:
- Wyrd One, 11-13 June, 2010
- Two Wyrd, 10-12 June, 2011
- Tri Wyrd, 21-24 June, 2012
- WyrdCon 4, 19-22 September, 2013
- WyrdCon 5, 22-26 May, 2014
- WyrdCon 6, 24 - 27 September 2015
- WyrdCon 7, 11 - 14 May 2017
Each WyrdCon has been accompanied by a book of articles on larp theory:
- Journeys to Another World: Companion to the 2010 LARP Summit at WyrdCon (edited by Amber Eagar)
- Branches of Play: The 2011 WyrdCon Academic Companion (edited by Amber Eagar)
- WyrdCon Companion 2012 (edited by Sarah Lynne Bowman and Aaron Vanek)
- WyrdCon Companion Book 2013 (edited by Sarah Lynne Bowman and Aaron Vanek)
- WyrdCon Companion Book 2014 (edited by Sarah Lynne Bowman)
- WyrdCon Companion Book 2015 (edited by Sarah Lynne Bowman)