Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Mixed larping
- Anna Klein
Chimera is a larp convention in New Zealand. It runs every August in Auckland, NZ, offering games in a variety of different styles. The lineup is mostly theatre-style, but there are a large number of outdoor live-combat games as well. Originally Chimera ran a single flagship-scale game on the Saturday night, but as numbers grew it has been forced to offer multiple flagships.
Chimera is supported by NZLARPS.
The first Chimera was run in 2008 at Motu Moana Scout Camp in the Auckland suburb of Blockhouse Bay, attracting about 40 people. It has continued to use the same venue for subsequent events.
- Chimera 2008 (August 22 - 24, 2008). Flagship: Flight of the Hindenburg
- Chimera 2009 (August 21 - 23, 2009). Flagship: The Great Exhibition
- Chimera 2010 (August 27 - 29, 2010). Flagship: A Town Called Refuge
- Chimera 2011 (August 26 - 28, 2011). Flagship: The Gordian Knot
- Chimera 2012 (August 24 - 26, 2012). Flagship: Happily Ever After (two simultaneous runs)
- Chimera 2013 (August 30 - September 1, 2013). Flagship: The Rose and the Dragon
- Chimera 2014 (August 15 - 17, 2014). Flagships: Dry Spell, Secrets of the Deep, Party at the Paragon Institute
- Chimera 2015 (August 14 - 16, 2015). Flagships: Al Shir-ma, In the Halls of the Erlking
- Chimera 2016 (November 18 - 20, 2016). Flagships: Convergence (two simultaneous runs)
- Official site
- "Having a larp", 20/20 documentary about Chimera 2009.