Flight of the Hindenburg
- Pulp 30's
- Conflict resolution system
- 3 hours
- Number of participants
- Nasia Alevizos, Katrina Allis, Nick Cole, and Frank Pitt
The larp is an example of the mash up style, where characters from a variety of sources - in this case various pulps and early comic books, as well as modern films set in the 1930's, as well as historical characters - are improbably combined. This led to historical inconsistencies which are glossed over by it being set in "the 30's". While the larp includes Nazis as characters as a pulp staple, it also includes plotlines which deal with the international reaction to the Nazi regime, and with the moral dilemmas of Germans facing Nazi rule.
It's the 1930s, and you are a guest aboard the airship Hindenburg, the largest aircraft to ever fly. For the airship's premiere flight from New York a special charity gala is being hosted to raise money for local shelters and soup kitchens. Expect gangsters, dashing heroes, Nazis, glamorous stars and much, much more!
The Flight of the Hindenburg is a one-shot larp for up to 66 players. Inspirations include Indiana Jones, The Untouchables, King Kong, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, The Cat's Meow, and of course history itself.
- 20 January, 2007 at KapCon XVI (Wellington, NZ)
- August 23, 2008 at Chimera 2008 (Auckland, NZ)
- November 20, 2011 in Auckland, NZ (with additional material by Ryan Paddy)
- June 14, 2014 in Wellington, NZ (with additional material by Malcolm Harbrow)