33AR was a post-apocalyptic steampunk larp campaign which ran from 2012 - 2015 in New Zealand. It consisted of six weekend-long games held at Brookfields Scout Camp in the Wellington suburb of Wainuiomata, as well as various day games. The game had a peak size of approximately 35 players, with an equal number of crew.
In 1873 the world was invaded and largely conquered by demons. The game began 33 years later, following the story of the inhabitants of the Hanover Refugee Camp on the Isle of Skye, as they struggled first for survival, and then to reverse the invasion and win a chance to rebuild their world.
The game used a skill-based system, but unlike most other NZ games, did not use XP or character build points. Instead, players were simply allowed to choose what skills they thought their character should have. Learning new skills over the course of the game was handled by a similar method. Combat used live-combat with latex weapons and nerf guns, and a simple global hit point system.
Unless otherwise noted, all games were held at Brookfields Scout Camp in the Wellington suburb of Wainuiomata.
- Prequel: 32AR: Gateway to Hell (14 April 2012, as part of Hydra 2012)
- 33AR: Welcome Home (September 21 - 23 2012)
- 34AR: Red-Letter Day (April 5 - 7, 2013)
- 34AR: Harvest Moon (September 27 - 29, 2013)
- 34AR: Double Feature (November 17, 2013; held at Vogelmorn Hall, Wellington)
- 35AR: Bloody Valentine (February 14 - 16, 2014)
- 35AR: The Dark Before Dawn (October 10 - 12, 2014)
- 35AR: The Parting Glass (March 27 - 29, 2015)