Editing the wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wiki Basics - Part 1
Wiki Basics - Part 2
Tips and Tricks
- To show an image outside of the wiki on a wiki page: Simply insert the image's url: http://url.for/some/image.png. Currently, embedded images cannot be resized, but they may be formatted by surrounding MediaWiki markup or HTML/CSS code.
- To link to an image on the wiki (or to create a spot to upload your own): [[File:filename.extension|options|caption]], if an image does not exist with that name it'll be red and you can then click on it and upload the image to the server.
- To input an image via the BaseBio or BaseUser template: place just the image name and extension (ex: myPic.jpg) in place of the placeholder text in the template. Once the page is saved, if the image exists it'll show, otherwise you'll see red text (200x500) that you can click on and upload your image to the server.
- For more information on images see the MediaWiki help page
Allowable file types on the wiki
- As of July 2012, the file types that can be uploaded to the server are: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, doc, xls, pdf, ppt, bmp, docx, xlsx, pptx, odt, ods, odp, odg.